5812 Temple City Blvd., PMB705
Temple City, California 91780-2112
Wrentham, Massachusetts Vital Records
Volume 1 - Births
1690s to 1850
Order item B499
FORMAT: ELECTRONIC (CD-ROM DISK)
The book's full text of 235 pages has been converted to PDF images which are not searchable. However, the text is large and names are easily located. Priced at $14.95 plus $3.99 shipping & handling charge.
The Adobe Acrobat Reader software program is required in order to view these books on the disk. You can also print paper copies of the books. The software program and installation instructions are included on the disk.
EXPLANATIONSThe records of births listed in this book include all entries to be found in the books of record kept by the town clerks; in the church records; in the cemetery inscriptions; and in private records found in family Bibles, histories, etc. These records are printed in a condensed form in which every essential particular has been preserved. All duplication of the town clerk's record has been eliminated, but differences in entry and other explanatory matter appear in brackets. Parentheses are used when they occur in the original record; also to show the difference in the spelling of a name in the same entry and to indicate the maiden name of a wife.
When places other than Wrentham and Massachusetts are named in the original records, they are given in the printed copy. Marriages and intentions of marriage are printed under the names of both parties. Double dating is used in the months of January, February and March, prior to 1752, whenever it appears in the original and also whenever from the sequence of entry in the original the date may be easily determined. In all records the original spelling of names is followed and in the alphabetical arrangement the various forms should be examined, as items about the same family may be found under different spellings. All church records have been included.
WRENTHAM was first settled in 1660 by settlers from Dedham and was then known by the Indian name of Wollomonopoag.
October 15, 1673, land was granted to the inhabitants of Wollomonopoag and the town was incorporated under the name of Wrentham.
The town was afterwards temporarily abandoned, and in the first volume of vital records it is recorded that on March 30, 1676, "ye Inhabitance ware drawn of by Rason of ye Indien warrs." The same record further states that in 1680 Rev. Mr. Man and divers inhabitants returned to Wrentham.
November 27, 1719, part of Wrentham was included in the new town of Bellingham.
March 2, 1778, part of Wrentham was established as the town of Franklin.
June 10, 1778, part of Wrentham was taken to form part of the town of Foxborough.
February 18, 1830, part of Attleborough was annexed to Wrentham.
February 7, 1831, part of Wrentham was annexed to Foxborough.
February 23, 1870, part of Wrentham was taken to form part of the town of Norfolk.
April 4, 1905, part of Wrentham was taken to form the town of Plainville.
The population varied in numbers from 1765, when there were 2,022 residents, to a high in 1860 of 3,406 residents. The population was 1,428 in 1905 at the time of publication of this book.
Questions or comments?
Return to GoldenWest Marketing homepage
© 2007 GoldenWest Marketing, all rights reserved