5812 Temple City Blvd., PMB705
Temple City, California 91780-2112
Oakham, Massachusetts Vital Records
Births, Deaths, & Marriages
Order item B496
FORMAT: ELECTRONIC (CD-ROM DISK)
The book's full text of 142 pages has been converted to PDF images which are not searchable. However, the text is large and names are easily located. Priced at $14.95 plus $3.99 shipping & handling charge.
The Adobe Acrobat Reader software program is required in order to view these books on the disk. You can also print paper copies of the books. The software program and installation instructions are included on the disk.
EXPLANATIONSThe records of births, marriages and deaths listed in this book include all entries to be found in the books of record kept by the town clerks; in the church records; in the cemetery inscriptions; and in private records found in family Bibles, histories, etc. These records are printed in a condensed form in which every essential particular has been preserved. All duplication of the town clerk's record has been eliminated, but differences in entry and other explanatory matter appear in brackets. Parentheses are used when they occur in the original record; also to show the difference in the spelling of a name in the same entry and to indicate the maiden name of a wife.
When places other than Oakham and Massachusetts are named in the original records, they are given in the printed copy. Marriages and intentions of marriage are printed under the names of both parties. Double dating is used in the months of January, February and March, prior to 1752, whenever it appears in the original and also whenever from the sequence of entry in the original the date may be easily determined. In all records the original spelling of names is followed and in the alphabetical arrangement the various forms should be examined, as items about the same family may be found under different spellings. All church records have been included.
The town of Oakham was established as a District June 7, 1762, from a part of Rutland, having formerly been known as Rutland West Wing.
August 23, 1775, incorporated as a Town.
The population varied in numbers from 1765, when there were 270 residents, to a high in 1850 of 1,137 residents. The population was 588 in 1905 at the time of publication of this book.
Questions or comments?
Return to GoldenWest Marketing homepage
© 2007 GoldenWest Marketing, all rights reserved