5812 Temple City Blvd., PMB705
Temple City, California 91780-2112
To pay with your credit card - click on the "Buy Now" button
Order item B171
FORMAT: PRINT ONLY
The book is 63 pages, not indexed, names listed alphabetically, soft cover with a plastic comb binding, and available for $10.98 + $3.99 shipping & handling charge (Add $1.00 S&H for each additional volume ordered).
The Town of Great Barrington, Berkshire County, was established June 30, 1761, from a part of Sheffield. February 16, 1773, a part of Great Barrington was included in the new district of Alford. February 16, 1773, lands adjoining Great Barrington were annexed. October 21, 1777, a part of Great Barrington was included in the new town of Lee. February 11, 1779, a part of Great Barrington was annexed to Alford. February 18, 1819, a part of Great Barrington was annexed to Alford.
1. When places other than Great Barrington and Massachusetts are named in the original records, they are given in the printed copy. Prior to 1843, the vital records of Great Barrington are very imperfect.
2. In all records, the original spelling is followed.
3. The various spellings of a name should be examined, as items about the same family or individual might be found under different spellings.
4. Marriages and intentions of marriages are printed under the names of both parties, but the full information concerning each party is given only in the entry under his or her name. When both the marriage and intention of marriage are recorded, only the marriage record is printed; and where a marriage appears without the intention recorded, it is designated with an asterisk.
5. Additional information which does not appear in the original text of an item, i.e., any explanation, query, inference, or difference shown in other entries of the record, is bracketed. Parentheses are used only when they occur in the original text, or to separate clauses found there-such as the birth-place of parents, in late marriage records.
Questions or comments?
Return to GoldenWest Marketing homepage
© 2004 GoldenWest Marketing, all rights reserved