5812 Temple City Blvd., PMB705
Temple City, California 91780-2112
Bradford [now Haverhill], Massachusetts Vital Records, to 1850
Volume 1 - Births
Volume 2 - Marriages
Volume 3 - Deaths
Order item B202 - Volume 1, Births
The book is 144 pages, NOT INDEXED, names are listed alphabetically, soft cover with a plastic comb binding, and available for $23.98 + $3.99 shipping & handling charge (Add $1.00 S&H for each additional volume ordered).
Order item B199 - Volume 2, MarriagesFORMAT: PRINT
The book is 100 pages, NOT INDEXED, names are listed alphabetically, soft cover with a plastic comb binding, and available for $16.98 + $3.99 shipping & handling charge (Add $1.00 S&H for each additional volume ordered).
Order item B200 - Volume 3, Deaths
The book is 66 pages, NOT INDEXED, names are listed alphabetically, soft cover with a plastic comb binding, and available for $10.98 + $3.99 shipping & handling charge (Add $1.00 S&H for each additional volume ordered).
SAVE OVER 20%
For all three books - Order item B201
Buy all three books for $49.98 + $3.99 shipping & handling charge and save $5.20. (Add $1.00 S&H for each additional set ordered).
The records of births, marriages and deaths in these volumes include all entries to be found in the books of record kept by the town clerks (no records of intentions of marriage before 1850 are preserved in the custody of the Haverhill city clerk, nor has extended search brought them to light in private hands); in the church records (which are very imperfect); in the returns made to the Salem Quarterly Court; in the cemetery inscriptions; and in private records found in family Bibles, etc. These records are printed in a condensed form in which every essential particular has been preserved. All duplication of the town clerks' record has been eliminated, but differences in entry and other explanatory matter appear in brackets. Parentheses are used when they occur in the original record; also to show the difference in the spelling of a name in the same entry; and to indicate the maiden name of a married woman.
When places other than Bradford and Massachusetts are named in the original records, they are given in the printed copy. Marriages are printed under the names of both parties. Double-dating is usual in the months of January, February and March, prior to 1752, whenever it appears in the original, and also whenever from the sequence of entry in the original the date may be easily determined. In all records the original spelling of names is followed, and in the alphabetical arrangement the various forms should be examined, as items about the same family may be found under different spellings.
The territory included within the limits of Bradford was originally a part of Rowley and was first known as "Merrimac Lands," and "Rowley Village by the Merrimack," and then as "Merrimack," which name was changed to Bradford at a town meeting held Jan. 7, 1672, in memory of Bradford in the West Riding of Yorkshire, England, several of the settlers having emigrated from that place.
At a session of the General Court held May 27, 1668, it was recorded: "In ansr to the petition of the inhabitants of Rouley liuing ouer against Hauerill, the Court, hauing considered the peticon, pervsed the towne of Rouleys grant to the petitioners, heard Rouley deputy, and also considering a writing sent from Rouley, wth what els hath been presented in the case, doe finde that there is liberty granted the petitioners by the towne of Rouley to prouide themselues of a minister, & also an intent to release them from their towneship when they are accordingly prouided, and therefore see not but this Court may grant their petition to be a towneship, provided they doe gett & setle an able & Orthodox minister, & continue to majntejne him, or els to remaine to Rouley as formerly."
The first town meeting was held in 1668, the "orthodox minister," Rev. Zechariah Symmes, of Charlestown, already having been secured. The meeting house was erected in 1670. The town first paid a colonial tax on October 13, 1675.
On March 8, 1850, part of its territory was set off and incorporated as the town of Groveland.
On January 4, 1897, the town of Bradford was annexed to the city of Haverhill.
Questions or comments?
Return to GoldenWest Marketing homepage