5812 Temple City Blvd., PMB705
Temple City, California 91780-2112
To pay with your credit card - click on the "Buy Now" button
Order item B462
FORMAT: ELECTRONIC (CD-ROM)
The book's full text of 73 pages has been converted to PDF images which are searchable using the Acrobat Reader program's "FIND" function. All names listed alphabetically.
Priced at $8.95 plus $3.99 shipping & handling charge. (Add $1.00 S&H for each additional volume ordered.)
The Adobe Acrobat Reader software program is required in order to view these books on the disk. You can also print paper copies of the books. The software program and installation instructions are included on the disk.
The records of births, marriages and deaths in this book include all entries to be found in the books of record kept by the town clerks; in the church records; in the cemetery inscriptions; and in many private records found in family Bibles, etc. These records are printed in a condensed form in which every essential particular has been preserved. All duplication of the town clerks' record has been eliminated, but differences in entry and other explanatory matter appear in brackets. Parentheses are used when they occur in the original record; also to indicate the maiden name of a married woman.
1. The fact that a birth, marriage, or death is recorded in Boxborough does not prove that it occurred in this town; but when places other than Boxborough and Massachusetts are named in the original records, they are given in the printed copy.
2. In all items from town records the original spelling is followed, and no attempt is made to correct errors appearing in the records.
3. The various spellings of a name should be examined, as items about the same family or individual may be found under different spellings.
4. A baptism is not printed, if it occurs within one year after the recorded date of birth of a child of the same name and parents or if it is clear that the child baptized is identical with the child of the birth record; but variations found in the baptismal record are added to the birth record.
5. The birth of a married woman is recorded under her maiden name, if it is known. But if the maiden name cannot be determined, the entry appears under the husband's name, with a dash enclosed in brackets, i.e., [______], to signify that the maiden name is unknown. If it is not known whether the surname is that of a married or unmarried woman, ? m. is placed in brackets after the Christian name.
6. Marriages and intentions of marriage are printed under the names of both parties. When both the marriage and intention of marriage are recorded, only the marriage record is printed; and where a marriage appears without the intention being recorded, it is designated with an asterisk.
7. Additional information which does not appear in the original text of an item, i.e., any explanation, query, inference, or difference shown in other entries of the record, is bracketed. Parentheses are used to show variations in the spelling of a name in the same entry, to indicate the maiden name of a wife, to enclose an imperfect portion of the original text, and to separate clauses in the original text.
Feb. 25, 1783, parts of Harvard, Littleton, and Stow established as the district of Boxborough.
Feb. 22, 1794, bounds between Boxborough and Littleton established.
Nov. 4, 1835, the district made a town by chapter 15 of the Revised Statutes.
April 30, 1890, bounds between Boxborough and Littleton established.
June 14, 1906, bounds between Boxborough and Harvard established.
June 15, 1906, bounds between Boxborough and Littleton established.
Population by census:
1790 (U.S.), 412 1800 (U.S.), 387 1810 (U.S.), 388 1820 (U.S.), 424 1830 (U.S.), 474 1840 (U.S.), 426 1850 (U.S.), 395 1855 (State), 413 1860 (U.S.), 403 1865 (State), 454 1870 (U.S.), 338 1875 (State), 318 1880 (U.S.), 319 1885 (State), 348 1890 (U.S.), 325 1895 (State), 307 1900 (U.S.), 316 1905 (State), 324 1910 (U.S.), 317 2005, (est.) 5,377
Questions or comments?
Return to GoldenWest Marketing homepage
© 2010 GoldenWest Marketing, all rights reserved