5812 Temple City Blvd., PMB705
Temple City, California 91780-2112
Williamstown, Massachusetts Vital Records
Births, Deaths, & Marriages
Order item B113
FORMAT: PRINT ONLY
The book is 170 pages, not indexed, names listed alphabetically, soft cover with a plastic comb binding, and available for $36.98 plus $3.99 shipping & handling charge (Add $1.00 S&H for each additional volume ordered).
Order item B113.1
FORMAT: ELECTRONIC (CD-ROM DISK)
The book's full text has been converted to PDF format which is easily searchable for key words, names, dates, places, etc. Priced at $14.95 plus $3.99 shipping & handling charge. (Add $1.00 S&H for each additional item ordered.)
The Adobe Acrobat Reader software program is required in order to view these books on the disk. Using the Acrobat Reader program you can easily search for names, dates, locations, etc., which appear in the books. You can also print paper copies of the books. The software program and installation instructions are included on the disk.
THE TOWN OF WILLIAMSTOWN, Berkshire County, was established June 21, 1765, from the new plantation called West Husuck.
April 9, 1838 certain unincorporated lands were annexed to Williamstown.
Population by Census: 1765 (Prov.) 1083; 1776 (Prov.) 1083; 1790 (U.S.),1769; 1800 (U.S.), 2068; 1810 (U.S.) 1843; 1820 (U.S.) 2010; 1830 (U.S.), 2134; 1840 (U.S.) 2153; 1850 (U.S.) 2626; 1855 (State), 2529; 1860 (U.S.), 2611; 1865 (State),2555; 1870 (U.S.) 3559; 1875 (State), 3683; 1880 (U.S.), 3394; 1885 (State), 3729 1890 (U.S.), 4221; 1895 (State), 4887; 1900 (U.S.), 5013.
1. WHEN places other than Dalton and Massachusetts are named in the original records, they are given in the printed copy. Prior to 1843, the vital records of Dalton are very imperfect.
2. In all records the original spelling is followed.
3. The various spellings of a name should be examined, as items about the same family or individual might be found under different spellings.
4. Marriages and intentions of marriages are printed under the names of both parties, but the full information concerning each party is given only in the entry under his or her name. When both the marriage and intention of marriage are recorded, only the marriage record is printed; and where a marriage appears without the intention recorded, it is designated with an asterisk.
5. Additional information which does not appear in the original text of an item, i.e., any explanation, query, inference, or difference shown in other entries of the record, is bracketed. Parentheses are used only when they occur in the original text, or to separate clauses found there-such as the birthplace of parents, in late marriage records.
Questions or comments?
Return to GoldenWest Marketing homepage
© 2004 GoldenWest Marketing, all rights reserved