5812 Temple City Blvd., PMB705
Temple City, California 91780-2112
Westborough, Massachusetts Vital Records
Births, Marriages, & Deaths
Order item B508
FORMAT: ELECTRONIC (CD-ROM DISK)
The book's full text of 260 pages has been converted to PDF images which are not searchable. However, the text is large and names are easily located. Priced at $14.95 plus $3.99 shipping & handling charge.
The Adobe Acrobat Reader software program is required in order to view these books on the disk. You can also print paper copies of the books. The software program and installation instructions are included on the disk.
EXPLANATIONSThe records of births listed in this book include all entries to be found in the books of record kept by the town clerks; in the church records; in the cemetery inscriptions; and in private records found in family Bibles, histories, etc. These records are printed in a condensed form in which every essential particular has been preserved. All duplication of the town clerk's record has been eliminated, but differences in entry and other explanatory matter appear in brackets. Parentheses are used when they occur in the original record; also to show the difference in the spelling of a name in the same entry and to indicate the maiden name of a wife.
When places other than Westborough and Massachusetts are named in the original records, they are given in the printed copy. Marriages and intentions of marriage are printed under the names of both parties. Double dating is used in the months of January, February and March, prior to 1752, whenever it appears in the original and also whenever from the sequence of entry in the original the date may be easily determined. In all records the original spelling of names is followed and in the alphabetical arrangement the various forms should be examined, as items about the same family may be found under different spellings. All church records have been included.
On the 18th of November, 1717, the westerly part of the territory of Marlborough, then known as Chauncy, was incorporated with other lands and formed into a town. The name of Westborough was chosen for the new town. Subsequent additions were made to this tract, from Sutton in 1728, from Shrewsbury in 1762 and 1793, and from Upton in 1763. In 1766 the Second Precinct of Westborough was made the District of Northborough, and in 1775 this was set off as a separate town.
The population grew in numbers from 1776, when there were 900 residents, to a high in 1900 of 5,400 residents.
Questions or comments?
Return to GoldenWest Marketing homepage
© 2007 GoldenWest Marketing, all rights reserved