GoldenWest Marketing
5812 Temple City Blvd., PMB705
Temple City, California 91780-2112
626-294-9535      800-445-8925

Tyngsborough, Massachusetts Vital Records
Births, Deaths, & Marriages 
1700 - 1850

To pay with your credit card - click on the "Buy Now" button  

Order item B370
The book is 85 pages, not indexed, names listed alphabetically, soft cover with a plastic comb binding, and available for $14.98 + $3.99 shipping & handling charge (Add $1.00 S&H for each additional volume ordered).


The records of births, marriages and deaths in this book include all entries to be found in the books of record kept by the town clerks; in the church records; in the cemetery inscriptions; and in private records found in family bibles, etc. These records are printed in a condensed form in which every essential particular has been preserved. All duplications of the town clerks’ records has been eliminated, but differences in entry and other explanatory matter appear in brackets. Parentheses are used when they occur in the original record; also to indicate the maiden name of a wife.

When places other than Tyngsborough and Massachusetts are named in the original records, they are given in the printed copy. Marriages and intentions of marriage are printed under the names of both parties.

Double-dating is used in the months of January, February and March, prior to 1752, whenever it appears in the original, and also whenever from the sequence of entry in the original the date may be easily determined. In all records the original spelling of names is followed and in the alphabetical arrangement the various forms should be examined, as items about the same family may be found under different spellings.

The records of this town being very incomplete, the town clerk, Mr. Charles Butterfield, about 1843, made a house to house canvass to collect additional information, and the new material was incorporated in the records.


The territory now included within the limits of Tyngsborough, originally a part of Dunstable, was incorporated June 22, 1789, as the District of Tyngsborough, receiving its name in honor of the Tyng family, who were prominent among the early settlers of Dunstable.

March 3, 1792, part of Dunstable was annexed.
Jan. 29, 1798, part of Dunstable was annexed and bounds established.
Feb. 23, 1809, the District was incorporated as the town of Tyngsborough.
June 10, 1814, bounds were established between Tyngsborough and Dunstable.

The population of Tyngsborough at different periods was as follows:
1790, 382; 1830, 822; 1800, 696; 1840, 870; 1810, 704; 1850, 799; 1820, 808; 1900, 773; 1910, 829.


Questions or comments?

  Return to GoldenWest Marketing homepage

© 2006 GoldenWest Marketing, all rights reserved