5812 Temple City Blvd., PMB705
Temple City, California 91780-2112
To pay with your credit card - click on the "Buy Now" button
Order item B822
FORMAT: ELECTRONIC (CD-ROM)
The book's full text of 111 pages has been converted to PDF images which are searchable using the Acrobat Reader program's "FIND" function.
Priced at $14.95 plus $3.99 shipping & handling charge. (Add $1.00 S&H for each additional item ordered.)
The Adobe Acrobat Reader software program is required in order to view these books on the disk. You can also print paper copies of the books. The software program and installation instructions are included on the disk.
PUBLISHED BY THE NEW ENGLAND HISTORIC GENEALOGICAL SOCIETY, BOSTON, MASS., 1910.
The records in this book are transferred from the original town records, and include the District of Southfield, now part of Sandisfield. These records were copied from the Town Books and verified by the Reverend Elisha L. Sawyer, former town clerk of Sandisfield, and again verified with the originals by the present compiler, Captain Elizur Yale Smith.
The same orthography is followed as on the original books, but in some few cases, the present compiler has added, under births, in parentheses, the maiden name of the wife, as for instance: "SMITH, Stephen and Polly (Mary Canfield)." This was done in cases where it was positively known to the compiler, from existing records.
The town of Sandisfield, Berkshire County, Massachusetts, was established March 6, 1762, and was originally known as Township Number Three, having been granted to a company who petitioned for the same in 1735, but no family moved into the town until 1750. On Feb. 10, 1819 the District of Southfield and the Town of
Sandisfieldunited as the Township of Sandisfield. On April 9, 1838 part of the common lands called the East Eleven Thousand Acres was annexed.
On May 4, 1853 bounds between Sandisfield and Tolland were established. On April 24, 1875 part of the town was annexed to Monterey. On May 19, 1875, Act of April 24, 1875, this was accepted by Monterey. On June 1, 1875 the Act of April 24, 1875 took effect.
Questions or comments?
Return to GoldenWest Marketing homepage
© 2010 GoldenWest Marketing, all rights reserved