5812 Temple City Blvd., PMB705
Temple City, California 91780-2112
Reading, Massachusetts Vital Records
Births, Deaths, & Marriages
1670s - 1850
Order item B480
FORMAT: ELECTRONIC (CD-ROM DISK)
The book's full text of 585 pages has been converted to PDF images which are not searchable. However, the text is large and names are easily located. Priced at $14.95 plus $3.99 shipping & handling charge. (Add $1.00 S&H for each additional volume ordered).
The Adobe Acrobat Reader software program is required in order to view these books on the disk. You can also print paper copies of the books. The software program and installation instructions are included on the disk.
EXPLANATIONSThe records of births, marriages and deaths listed in this book include all entries to be found in the books of record kept by the town clerks; in the church records; in the cemetery inscriptions; and in private records found in family Bibles, histories, etc. These records are printed in a condensed form in which every essential particular has been preserved. All duplication of the town clerk's record has been eliminated, but differences in entry and other explanatory matter appear in brackets. Parentheses are used when they occur in the original record; also to show the difference in the spelling of a name in the same entry and to indicate the maiden name of a wife.
When places other than Reading and Massachusetts are named in the original records, they are given in the printed copy. Marriages and intentions of marriage are printed under the names of both parties. Double dating is used in the months of January, February and March, prior to 1752, whenever it appears in the original and also whenever from the sequence of entry in the original the date may be easily determined. In all records the original spelling of names is followed and in the alphabetical arrangement the various forms should be examined, as items about the same family may be found under different spellings. All church records have been included.
A part of Lynn was established as Reading (Middlesex County) on May 29, 1644. "Linn Village shall be called Redding" (Mass. Records, Vol. 11, pg. 73).
October 14, 1651, land was granted to Reading.
June 3, 1727, a part of Malden was annexed.
September 25, 1730, a part was included in the new town of Wilmington.
December 21, 1734, a part was annexed to Stoneham.
February 25, 1812, the First or South Parish was established as South Reading (now Wakefield).
June 16, 1813, a part of South Reading was annexed.
March 22, 1853, a part was established as the town of North Reading.
Questions or comments?
Return to GoldenWest Marketing homepage
© 2007 GoldenWest Marketing, all rights reserved