GoldenWest Marketing
5812 Temple City Blvd., PMB705
Temple City, California 91780-2112
626-294-9535      800-445-8925

Palmer, Massachusetts Vital Records
Births, Marriages, & Deaths 
 to 1850

Order item B516


    The book's full text of 239 pages has been converted to PDF images which are not searchable.  However, the text is large and names are easily located. Priced at $14.95 plus $3.99 shipping & handling charge. (Add $1.00 S&H for each additional volume ordered).

    The Adobe Acrobat Reader software program is required in order to view these books on the disk.  You can also print paper copies of the books. The software program and installation instructions are included on the disk.  


     The records of births listed in this book include all entries to be found in the books of record kept by the town clerks; in the church records; in the cemetery inscriptions; and in private records found in family Bibles, histories, etc. These records are printed in a condensed form in which every essential particular has been preserved. All duplication of the town clerk's record has been eliminated, but differences in entry and other explanatory matter appear in brackets. Parentheses are used when they occur in the original record; also to show the difference in the spelling of a name in the same entry and to indicate the maiden name of a wife.

     When places other than Palmer and Massachusetts are named in the original records, they are given in the printed copy. Marriages and intentions of marriage are printed under the names of both parties. Double dating is used in the months of January, February and March, prior to 1752, whenever it appears in the original and also whenever from the sequence of entry in the original the date may be easily determined. In all records the original spelling of names is followed and in the alphabetical arrangement the various forms should be examined, as items about the same family may be found under different spellings. All church records have been included.


The town of Palmer, Hampden County, (formerly Hampshire County until 1812), was established on January 30, 1752, as the district of Palmer, prior to which times it was the plantation called The Elbows, sometimes called New Marlborough and sometimes Kingsfield.  On April 23, 1760, a part of Brimfield was annexed to Palmer.  On February 7, 1763, the bounds of Palmer were definitely established.  August 23, 1775, the district of Palmer was made a town by general act.  On February 8, 1828, the bounds between Palmer and Monson were established.  On February 7, 1831, a part of Western (now Warren) was annexed to Palmer.

The population grew in numbers from 1790, when there were 508 residents, to a high in 1900 of 7,801 residents.  

Questions or comments?

  Return to GoldenWest Marketing homepage

© 2007 GoldenWest Marketing, all rights reserved