5812 Temple City Blvd., PMB705
Temple City, California 91780-2112
To pay with your credit card - click on the "Buy Now" button
Order item B827
FORMAT: ELECTRONIC (CD-ROM)
The book's full text of 200 pages has been converted to PDF images which are NOT searchable using the Acrobat Reader program's "FIND" function.
All names are listed alphabetically. Priced at $14.95 plus $3.99 shipping & handling charge. (Add $1.00 S&H for each additional item ordered.)
The Adobe Acrobat Reader software program is required in order to view these books on the disk. You can also print paper copies of the books. The software program and installation instructions are included on the disk.
PUBLISHED BY THE NEW ENGLAND HISTORIC GENEALOGICAL SOCIETY, BOSTON, MASS., 1916.
1. When places other than Northbridge or Massachusetts are named in the original records they are given in the printed copy.
2. In all items from the records the original spelling of the names is given and any additions made to the spelling of the record are enclosed in brackets.
3. The various spellings of a name should be examined as items about the same family or individual may be found under different spellings.
4. The birth of a married woman is recorded under her maiden name when it is known, but if the maiden name is unknown the entry appears under the husband's name with a dash enclosed in brackets, i.e., [---], to signify that the maiden name is not known.
5. In taking records from gravestones it is often the case that the family name of a woman as given on the stone is not that under which she was born, so, therefore, many births may appear under a married name instead of the original, which is not shown on the stone. In many cases names are evidently those of wives thoughˇ not so specified.
6. Marriages and intentions are printed under the name of both parties. When both the marriage and intention are recorded, only the marriage record is printed and the date of the intention is not given, except when needed to make more clear the date of the marriage. When the marriage appears without the intention recorded it is designated with an asterisk.
7. Additional information, which does not appear in the original town record, i.e., any difference shown in other records of the same person, is enclosed in parentheses with the source of the information indicated.
Part of Uxbridge established as the district of Northbridge July 14, 1772. The district made a town by general act August 23, 1775. Part of Sutton annexed April 20, 1780. Part of Sutton annexed February 17, 1801. Part annexed to Sutton June 15, 1831. Bounds between Northbridge and Sutton established March 7, 1837. Part of Sutton annexed May 16, 1844. Bounds between Northbridge and Uxbridge established and part of each town annexed to the other town April 30, 1856. Bounds between Northbridge and Uxbridge established April 17, 1908.
Population in 1915 (State), 9,254.
Questions or comments?
Return to GoldenWest Marketing homepage
© 2010 GoldenWest Marketing, all rights reserved