5812 Temple City Blvd., PMB705
Temple City, California 91780-2112
To pay with your credit card - click on the "Buy Now" button
Order item B815
FORMAT: ELECTRONIC (CD-ROM)
The book's full text of 442 pages has been converted to PDF images which are searchable using the Acrobat Reader program's "FIND" function.
Priced at $14.95 plus $3.99 shipping & handling charge. (Add $1.00 S&H for each additional item ordered.)
The Adobe Acrobat Reader software program is required in order to view these books on the disk. You can also print paper copies of the books. The software program and installation instructions are included on the disk.
PUBLISHED BY THE MASSACHUSETTS SOCIETY OF MAYFLOWER DESCENDANTS, BOSTON, MASS., 1905.
THE Vital Records of the Town of Halifax. Massachusetts, to the end of the year 1849 are found in five different volumes of the town records. The first three volumes were also used for records of town meetings and other miscellaneous entries, the vital records being scattered through the books according to the convenience of the various town clerks who entered them. The fourth volume is a small quarto book containing vital records only, and the "Register" is the large folio for recording births, marriages and deaths which was issued to all cities and towns by the Commonwealth in 1844.
The following pages contain a literal copy of every record of a Birth, Intention (or Publishment) of Marriage, Marriage and Death found in the first four volumes, and of every record in the "Register" to the end of the year 1849. In the "Register" each entry extended across two pages facing each other, therefore the first part of each of these entries has been printed on the left-hand. or even numbered page. with the remainder of the entry on the opposite page, the consecutive numbering of the entries being duplicated on the right-hand page to facilitate the connection of the two parts.
THE TOWN OF HALIFAX, Plymouth County, Massachusetts, was incorporated q July, 1734 (New Style) . It was formed from parts of the towns of Middleborough, Pembroke and Plympton. On 20 February, 1824, a part of the town of Bridgewater was annexed to Halifax, and on 16 March, 1831, a part of the town of Plympton was annexed. On 11 April, 1857, a part of Halifax was annexed to East Bridgewater and the bounds between the two towns established. On 6 February, 1863, the bounds between Halifax and Plympton were established, and a part of each town was annexed to the other town.
Population in 1905 = 497.
Questions or comments?
Return to GoldenWest Marketing homepage
© 2010 GoldenWest Marketing, all rights reserved