5812 Temple City Blvd., PMB705
Temple City, California 91780-2112
To pay with your credit card - click on the "Buy Now" button
Order item B814
FORMAT: ELECTRONIC (CD-ROM)
The book's full text of 326 pages has been converted to PDF images which are searchable using the Acrobat Reader program's "FIND" function.
Priced at $14.95 plus $3.99 shipping & handling charge. (Add $1.00 S&H for each additional item ordered.)
The Adobe Acrobat Reader software program is required in order to view these books on the disk. You can also print paper copies of the books. The software program and installation instructions are included on the disk.
PUBLISHED BY THE NEW ENGLAND HISTORIC GENEALOGICAL SOCIETY, BOSTON, MASS., 1920.
1. When places other than Deerfield or Massachusetts are named in the original records they are given in the printed text.
2. in all items from the records the original spelling of the name is given, and any additions made to the spelling of the record are enclosed in brackets.
3. The various spellings of a name should be examined, as items about the same family or individual may be found under different spellings.
4. The birth of a married woman is recorded under her maiden name, when it is known, but if the maiden name is unknown the entry appears under the husband's name with a dash enclosed in brackets, i.e. [ ], to signify that the maiden name is not known.
5. In taking records from gravestones it is often the case that the family name of a woman as given on the stone is not that under which she was born, so therefore many births may appear under a married name instead of the original, which is not shown on the stone. In many cases names are evidently those of wives, though not so specified. All dates of births found on the gravestones in the town are given in the book, but from this it is not to be inferred that the persons are born in this town, as in a great many cases they are not.
6. Marriages and intentions are printed under the names of both parties. When both the marriage and intention are recorded, only the marriage record is printed, and the date of the intention is not given, except when needed to make more clear the date of the marriage. When the marriage appears without the- intention recorded it is designated with an asterisk.
7. Additional information which does not appear in the original town record, i.e., any difference shown in other records of the same person, is enclosed in parentheses, with the source of the information indicated.
Number of Births printed.......... 4,943........................................2,204
Marriages...............1,485 X 2 = 2,970 names
October 22, 1677, common land. October —, 1678, the encouraging of the rebuilding of theplantation of Deerfield provided for.
May 31, 1712, additional grant to Deerfield. June 7, 171 2, bounds to extend "Nine miles from the River into the Western Woods." November 19, 1717, plat of seven miles square granted Deerfield confirmed. August 3, 1 74 1, plat of Deerfield, including additional grant, confirmed. June 9, 1753, part established as the district of Greenfield. June 15, 1764, report on westerly bounds of Deerfield and Huntstown confirmed. June 17, 1767, part established as the district of Conway. June 21, 1768, part established as the district of Shelburne. June 17, 1791, part annexed to Conway. March 5, 1810, part annexed to Whately. June 21, 181 1, part annexed to Conway and bounds established. May 2, 1896, part annexed to Greenfield.
Population in 1920 = 2,803.
Questions or comments?
Return to GoldenWest Marketing homepage
© 2010 GoldenWest Marketing, all rights reserved